Seattle Playwrights Salon debuts 2018: A Year of Parity for Women Playwrights. For our April production, send us your best ten minute short plays that meet the Bechtel test: Two women who talk to each other about something other than a man. We will select up to ten plays for production.
- Playwrights must be female, with primary residence in Washington State.
- Playwrights may submit no more than two 10- minute plays.
- Plays may be no longer than 10 pages, exclusive of your title and character pages.
- Plays must meet the Bechtel Test.
- No fee for submission.
- Set, props, and costume requirements should be minimal.
- Plays must be submitted in PDF format in standard play formatting style. Script should include title page with play title, playwright’s name and contact information, a character page that includes a brief summary of the play and how it relates to the theme, and a cast list.
· To submit your play to the Salon, please email email@example.com with SUBMISSIONS APRIL SHORTS: your name and the title of your play in the subject line (i.e. SUBMISSIONS APRIL SHORTS: Jane Doe – “Title”).
Please send each play in a separate email.
Scripts are due to the Salon: January 31, 2018 at 5:00pm PST.
Seattle Playwrights Salon is a monthly readings series created to highlight and nurture playwrights in the Seattle area.
We happily accept submissions from local playwrights. We accept full-length plays that run under two hours, one-acts, and shorts.
Before you submit, note that this is a self-production opportunity. We have a pool of actors and directors you're welcome to pull from, we have access to free rehearsal space, we will handle marketing and logistics and front of house, we even have the music stands. But playwrights or production teams should only submit with the understanding the Seattle Playwrights Salon is not a producer. We are your host. Our goal is to provide a public forum to help you and your play grow.
Please email your script and contact information to: