Looking for a place to present your work in progress?
Seattle Playwrights Salon wants to hear from you!
In 2018 Seattle Playwrights Salon proudly debuts A Year of Parity for Women Playwrights. In collaboration with professional directors and actors, the Salon presents staged readings of plays in development on the second Friday of every month. The readings are held at the Conservatory, an arts venue and coffeehouse in Seattle’s historic Georgetown neighborhood.
We accept full-length scripts from women playwrights residing primarily in Washington State throughout the year. Please refer to our Submission Resource Guide prior to sending your script to email@example.com. If your script is accepted, we provide a director and actors for a staged reading.
For December’s production, to be presented on Friday, December 14th, we invite young female playwrights from Washington State to compete in the Salon’s inaugural Young Playwrights Festival. The top four one-act (15-20 minute) plays will be awarded with a professionally produced staged reading, the opportunity to participate in the rehearsal process and acknowledgment on our website.
· Young Playwrights must be 19 years old or younger, identify as female and must consider Washington State their primary residence. Co-written plays are allowed provided all writers meet the requirements.
· Playwrights may submit no more than two 15- or 20-minute one-act plays. Monologues and screenplays are not eligible, nor are adaptations of other authors’ works.
· Plays may be no longer than 15-20 pages, exclusive of your title and cast list pages.
· There is no fee for submission.
· Cast list should be limited to four characters and the set, props, and costume requirements should be minimal.
· Plays must be submitted in PDF format, using standard play formatting style. Script should include a title page with play title, playwright’s name and contact information; name of school and teacher (if applicable); a brief summary of the play; and a cast list.
To submit your play to the Salon, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with SUBMISSIONS YOUNG PLAYWRIGHTS FESTIVAL: your name and the title of your play in the subject line (e.g. SUBMISSIONS YOUNG PLAYWRIGHTS FESTIVAL: Jane Doe – “Title”). Please send each play in a separate email.
Scripts are due to the Salon no later than October 8th, 2018 at 5:00pm PST.