2020 Season Submissions
OPEN July 15 - Sept 15
Submit your plays for our 2020 season of staged readings!
Seattle Playwrights Salon brings fresh new plays by Pacific Northwest playwrights, performed by talented local actors, to Seattle's Palace Theater and Art bar in the Georgetown neighborhood of Seattle. In the intimate and wonderfully atmospheric surroundings of the Palace, your play will be performed in a staged reading for a public audience, and you’ll participate in a facilitated talk back. The Salon engages and pays directors and actors; you’ll have the experience of working with these seasoned theatre artists as you develop your play.
The mission of Seattle Playwrights Salon is to provide essential development opportunities to Northwest and BC playwrights, including writers’ groups, classes, closed readings, and staged readings to which the public is invited. If your play is not selected for our 2020 season of staged readings, we invite you to stay engaged with our community of inspiring playwrights. Check out our website for more information about additional play development opportunities.
- Submissions are free; up to two submissions per playwright are permitted.
- Playwright must live in the Northwestern United States or British Columbia.
- Plays must be submitted in PDF format, using standard play formatting style.
- Script should include a title page with play title, playwright’s name and contact information; a brief summary of the play; and a cast list.
- Optional feedback (half a page of scoring plus half a page of written feedback) is available for $25 per play.
Stipends: Note that the Salon is proud of its ability to offer small stipends to playwrights, directors, and actors for staged readings. If your work is accepted and if your cast exceeds FOUR actors, the playwright will be required to pay $25 stipends for each additional actor. This policy ensures that plays with large casts have the same opportunity for readings as plays with smaller casts.
Playwrights will be notified of selections over email by November 30, 2019.