Looking for a place to present your work in progress?
Seattle Playwrights Salon wants to hear from you!
In 2018 Seattle Playwrights Salon proudly debuts A Year of Parity for Women Playwrights. In collaboration with professional directors and actors, the Salon presents staged readings of plays in development on the second Friday of every month. The readings are held at the Conservatory, http://www.theconservatoryseattle.com/, an arts venue and coffeehouse in Seattle’s historic Georgetown neighborhood.
We accept full-length scripts from women playwrights residing primarily in Washington State throughout the year. Send to email@example.com. If your script is accepted, we provide a director and actors for a staged reading.
July Shorts Special: Submit your short play by April 30th
For July’s production, to be presented on Friday, July 13th, we invite Washington State women playwrights to send us your best short (10-15 minute) plays, on any theme.
- Playwrights must identify as female and must consider Washington State their primary residence.
- Playwrights may submit no more than two 10- or 15-minute plays.
- Plays may be no longer than 10-15 pages, exclusive of your title and cast list pages.
- There is no fee for submission.
- Set, props, and costume requirements should be minimal.
- Plays must be submitted in PDF format, using standard play formatting style. Script should include a title page with play title, playwright’s name and contact information; a brief summary of the play; and a cast list.
To submit your play to the Salon, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with SUBMISSIONS JULY SHORTS: your name and the title of your play in the subject line (e.g. SUBMISSIONS JULY SHORTS: Jane Doe – “Title”). Please send each play in a separate email.
Scripts are due to the Salon no later than/by April 30th, 2018 at 5:00pm PST.